Tuesday 5 March 2013

Brief But Beautiful

A short trip out on the upper reaches of the River Wye last Saturday reminded me that the long, warmer days of spring are just around the corner.


Although it was a cool start the sun pretty much shone all day radiating its warmth...something that has been somewhat lacking for many months.



I opted to fish the duo, probably not the best method under the circumstances but I really just wanted to cast a fly line as opposed to fishing my preferred long leader method I mostly employ over the winter months.

With a very low, clear river it was tough but a joy to spend a couple of hours casting a line in some stunning scenery with the sun shinning on my face. Farewell winter Grayling...roll on the rising Trout!



10 comments:

  1. Thats a very smart looking pin-striped grayling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Col...it's a beautiful fish anyway and when the sun is shining the colours in the dorsal fin just come to life!

      Delete
  2. such a nice post. you really did a great job out there. these pictures look so attractive. Fishing In Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a real great article post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some nice fish. I'm following.

    Follow me @ www.smallstreambrowntroutfishing.com

    Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. According to my observations, grayling will bite if you use anything that looks remotely alike something they would normally eat. 


    Something about Hawaii Fishing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this place :) I want to go in that someday.! Towing in Round Rock TX company

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got a nice catch there. And the place is spectacular to go fishing too!

    You want to check out Sitka Alaska Fishing Trips

    ReplyDelete