Sunday 31 July 2011

Diver Dave's Wader Repairs

As I'm sure is the case with most of us...breathable waders are a constant source of my frustrations. It seems crazy that for such a high value item that very few manufacturers are able to produce a reliable pair of waders that will last out a few seasons without the inevitable wet patch appearing somewhere when you take them off.

I've had my waders for just over one season and when the neoprene socks starting leaking I set about trying to repair them but as you can see I never really sorted it out. The thing is the rest of the waders are great so after reading about the services of 'Diver Dave' on various forums I decided to give him a call and see if it was possible to replace both socks with new ones.


Before the repair job by Diver Dave

Well nothing seems to phase Dave and when I explained the problem he was confident that he could do the job without too many problems.

As it turned out the only problem for Dave was sourcing a matching pair of neoprene socks that would match up with the ones he had removed, a couple of weeks later and I had a call to say that the repair had been completed and the waders were soon to be returned...couldn't wait to check 'em out.

New (leak free) neoprene socks
When they arrived I wasn't disappointed, the repair looked like a first class job and all they need now is a thorough testing on some of the harsh small stream fishing that played a part in the breakdown of the originals.

Prices and further info available from his website: http://sites.google.com/site/wadersrepairs/

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Fair play, he done a good job getting that cement off!! Nice to meet you the other day Mick, hopefully meet again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I must have used 2 tubes of Aquasure and they still leaked. Should have just sent them straight to the professionals!

    Yes...it was good to meet up, nice write up on your blog mate.

    ReplyDelete